ACE Magazine Awards 2021
The Association for Church Editors is launching its next Awards to celebrate and recognise the work of church magazine editors and their editorial teams.
Who will be eligible to take part?
- The 2021 Awards are for any size magazine, but not A5, with colour printing, even just on the cover.
- The Awards are open to all Christian denominations that believe in the Holy Trinity.
Why not A5 size magazines, or other sizes in black and white print? Each year we vary the format of magazines that are accepted for entry. In 2019 we had A5 colour format; in 2020 any size in black and white format. This is done to make judging fairer and also to ensure we have a manageable number of entries to judge (since all the judging is done by fellow editors in their own time).
We’re also not accepting magazines that are solely or predominently available in digital format, through websites or by email, even where a few hard copies may be produced for those readers who do not have Internet access.
Printed magazines issued within the past 18 months are still eligible, since it is noted that some churches have been unable to produce their usual printed magazines during the pandemic.
We’re looking to review the criteria for entry in coming years to better accomodate changes in the way magazines are made available, but for our 2021 awards we’re limiting to the above.
Types of Awards
- The Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards will receive an inscribed trophy to keep, together with a Certificate of Excellence.
- The Gold Award winner will receive the John King Trophy, to be held for one year.
- The winning entry in each of the following categories will receive a Certificate of Excellence:
- Cover design
- Overall layout & structure
- Use of graphics
- Clarity of the Christian message
- Intended readership appeal
- Entries not selected for one of the main Awards, but are considered to be of a sufficiently high standard, will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
How to submit your entries:
- Please send two copies each of two different issues of your magazine/newsletter produced during the last eighteen months.
- Please complete the entry form below, which gives us some additional information about your magazine, church, circulation, it’s editor and production team.
- The closing date for entries is Monday 1st February 2021.
- The review process will be based on printed magazines and not electronic versions.
- Please send your 4 magazines plus entry form to:
Angela Price, 14 Browns Way, Aspley Guise, Milton Keynes MK17 8JA
- The Awards will be presented at our Annual Meeting on Saturday 19th June 2021 at Westminster Central Hall in London.